Hi Everyone! Luci here with a few cards using the Picket Fence Studios “String of Lights” stamp set.
I love how simple yet lovely these cards were!
To start I picked out A2 size card bases from my stash, cut down white cardstock panels to 4 X 5 1/4 inches. Then I stamped the images and sentiment together using my Mini Misti and Brutus Monroe embossing ink. I picked red, silver, gold, and green embossing powders and heat embossed them. I adhered the card panels to the card bases. Then I simply added some embellishments for one I used sequins from an old SFL FOTM card kit and the rest I used Nuvo Crystal Nuvo Drops, the colors I used were Autumn Red and Silver Lining. Easy Peasy right!
This is a 5 1/2 inch square card. I used a die to cut for squares to make the window from a piece of pattern paper from the Santa’s Workshop paper pad cut to 5 1/2 inches, then I made a template of curtains, traced it onto a different piece of pattern paper and cut it out. I adhered the curtains to the window frame.
I then used a solid blue piece from the paper to use as the background. I stamped all of the images for both cards from the “Merry and Bright” stamp set, colored them with alcohol markers, and cut them out with my Scan N Cut.
Next, I adhered the images to the blue panel and checked on placement every now and then by holding the window frame piece over it. Once I had everything in place I adhered the back panel to the card base and then adhered the front panel to that.
To finish it off I stamped the sentiment onto a white strip of paper and fishtailed the ends, then colored it in, popped it up with some fun foam and adhered it to the center of the card.
My second card is also a 5 1/2 inch square but I made a little differently, I used an SVG file and card out the card base and curtain, then I adhered a piece of acetate to the window frame, I ran the curtain through my Big Kick using the Carta Bella embossing folder “Ogee” to give it some dimension, and then adhered it to the window panel.
I glued a panel that I made by using a technique with Copic markers and rubbing alcohol, glued all the images down and then decided I didn’t like it. So I cut the front panel off and the back of the card with the panel down to about 5 1/4 inches and adhered both to the front of a 5 1/2 inch square card base.
Then I decided I didn’t like the white window frame so I colored it with Copic markers. To finish it off I stamped the sentiment onto a white strip of paper and fishtailed the ends, then colored it in, popped it up with some fun foam and adhered it to the center of the card.