I’ve never used a Doodlepop from Doodlebug Designs before – but seriously it made this card so easy! No coloring or fussy cutting required! And there’s even dimension built in! How fabulous! I had an idea to pair the koala with a sunrise backdrop and sandy foreground.
I started by using a ray stencil to add some quick yellow sun rays to the bottom of my card. I looked through the Find it Trading Wild Animals paper pad and found a brown tone on tone paper and when I turned it on the side it looked like sand. Perfect for my simple scene! I cut a strip about an inch and a quarter wide and added it to the bottom of my card. Then I added my Koala Doodlepop right on top! So effortless!
I needed the perfect sentiment to finish my card, so I used some brown ink to stamp a sentiment from the Hero Arts Color Layering Red Panda stamp set. More of these Doodlepops are definitely on my wish list! They make cardmaking a breeze! Watch my video below to see just how easy this card is to make!
Both of these are A2 size cards or 4 1/4 in. X 5 1/2 in. and both card bases are from my stash.
For the first card, I used the “Wild Animals Paper Pad” and used the sheet as a panel that was cut to 4 in. X 5 1/4 in. I colored the chameleon and flower with Studio 71 alcohol markers and used my Scan N Cut to cut the images out. I cut out a circle with a stitched circle die and then put it on overlapping the panel and cut off the end. I used the same paper as the circle to heat emboss the sentiment, and I popped up both the chameleon and sentiment. On the inside of the card, I added another sentiment from the stamp set that said: “Don’t ever change”. I used the Spectrum Noir Sparkle Pen on the chameleon image.
For the next card, I blended Twisted Citron, Lucky Clover, and Peeled Paint, over the Palm Leaf stencil and a piece of the pattern paper from the “Wild Animals” paper pad. I love how it turned out! I cut it down to 4 in. X 5 1/4 in. I stamped the sentiments from the stamp set with Versafine Onyx Black Ink. Popped on the Doodle Pop Koala and used a few sequins from a previous FOTM kit.