Hello and Season’s Greetings to you all! I hope you are having a good December and are busy making memories with friends and loved ones. Today I want to share with you a little card with a grande message. ( I know, I know but I love punny.)Grande-Sized Love from My Favorite Things clear stamp.
This pure innocence girl from MFTis incredibly versatile. You could use it for a thank you card, birthday card, I love you card and of course she would be adorable on a card containing a gift card especially if that gift card was for a place that served coffee. I kept things pretty simple wanting her to take center stage on the card. Here is the run down of what I did and what I used to do it:
- stamped the image out in Gina K black amalgam ink
- colored her in with Copic sketch markers
- used a Prismacolor pencil to add in hair strands
- stamped the image out onto patterned paper from Echo Park’s Spring Dots and Stripes paper pad and then fussy cut out her dress
- adhered the dress down with liquid glue
- used a stitched rounded rectangle die to cut out image
- used a travel coffee cup die from my stash to create a travel coffee cup like the one the girl is holding n the stamp
- stamped the sentiment and then embossed it with WOW clear embossing powder (you can use baby powder or an embossing buddy to keep your embossing powder from sticking where you don’t want it to)
- add finishing touches to the heart and around the sentiment withNuvo Stone Drops in pink granite
- also added some sparkle to the polka dots on her dress and the coffee cup with a Spectrum Noir Sparkle Pen in clear
- cut the striped paper down to 4″ x 5 1/4″ and my white card base to 4 1/4″ x 11 scored it at 5 1/2″ for a top folding card
- glued it all down except for the travel coffee cup which I popped up withbig circle double sided foam tape
This card is bright and cheery and a perfect thank you for me to give to a fellow coffee lover who really is always there to pick me up. I really do love the pure innocence collection from My Favorite Things and am so excited to add this little gal to my collection. Thank you for spending some time with me today on the blog and hope you are carving out a little time for yourself to do something crafty.
Keep on crafting,