Hi you all! Okay, okay, okay. Are you ready? I’m gonna gush a bit about the stamp I got to use to make my sneak peek card so brace yourselves. Have you ever looked at something and thought “Oh, yes that is perfect!” Well that is exactly how I felt when I saw this collection. From the stamp, the patterned paper, down to the embellishments in the collection each item just made me more excited to start playing! I could go on and on but I am sure you have other things to do today so here is what I did with this collection and a little sneak peek for what is coming this week:
- using Lawn Fawn jet black ink I stamped the image from LDRS Christmas Post onto Neenah 80lb cardstock (I’m finding that my Copics don’t bleed as much with this weight of paper)
- using Copic markers I colored the image
- using Frosted Lace Stickles I filled in the white of her hooded shawl and the snow. I also covered the snowflakes with it as well. (I used Frosted Lace because I wanted something that would dry more white and less clear but still be very sparkly.) If you have Nuvo drops then you would want to use White Blizzard
- using Nuvo Crystal drops in Morning Dew I added a little to her eyes, the holly berries, and her lips to give them some shine
- using the patterned paper from the kit I decided that I would make a square card (a lot of Christmas cards I hand out rather than mail so this will definitely be one, but you can always make your own envelope if you need to mail it. I just could NOT bring myself to cut down that scene. The card front base is 5.5″ x 5.5″ (keep in mind you’ll want to double that when you make your card base so that it can be folded in half) the next sheet is 5″ x 5″ then the Merry Christmas sheet is 4.75″ x 4.75″ and the sheet the image is stamped on is 4.25″ x 4.25″
- also in the kit was the little wooden embellishment that glued down on the bottom right hand corner with Ranger Multi Medium Matte. I colored it in with Nuvo drops in woodland green and ruby slippers for the berries.
- using MultiCraft 3D pop dots I popped up the stamped image to add a little dimension to the card
- another embellishment in the kit were some heart stickers so I added a white little heart to the mailbox
I hope you enjoy this sneak peek! I had so much fun making this card and I cannot WAIT to give it away! Thank you for stopping in today and I hope you make it back for a bit each day to catch a glimpse of the other sneak peeks coming in for you! Also, join us next Saturday, November 30th for the blog hop.
Keep on crafting,