Fall is my favorite season! Living in Florida it’s not because of the weather, although if you’ve lived in Florida long enough you do notice a change in the air but it just doesn’t qualify as a season for us. What I love about Fall are the decorations, the colors, the changing leaves (pictures mostly), the flavors and for me personally the reminder that the holidays are on the way.
While making this card I remember being downright giddy because when it comes to kid’s clothing ALL colors come in to play! Bright, fun, funky and I was so excited to get to work on these images. Recently when it’s time to color people images I make a concerted effort to not make them all the same. I am intimidated when it comes to coloring different ethnicities but I have a big desire to do so. That of course means practice, practice, practice and being brave when choosing colors I may not be used to blending. So I held my breath just a bit and stepped out of my comfort zone and I am so glad I did!
I love this Fall Kiddos stamp set from Sunny Studio, this is the second card and post I am doing with this set, really great images! These kids look like they are just having the most fun day and exude happiness. I cannot wait to send this card to someone I love. I’ve been a bit chatty in this post so I will give you a quick run down for what I did with this card:
- stamped images from Sunny Studio Stamps Fall Kiddos in Gina K Designs amalgam black ink
- colored images in with Copic markers
- used Doodlebug Design Flea Market 6×6 paper pad for background. The flowered pattern is 5 1/4″ x 3 1/2″, the cloud paper is 5 1/4″ x 1 1/2″, and the 2 strips of orange paper with the leaves pattern on it is 5 1/4″ x 1/2″, the card base I put it on and what became the frame for this little scene is 4 1/4″ x 11″ scored and folded at 5 1/2″ to create this landscape card
- stamped sentiment from Sunny Studio Stamps Fall Kiddos in Versafine black onyx ink then put clear embossing powder on it and set it with a heat gun
- adhered everything down with Lawn Fawn Glue Tube
Thank you so much for visiting today and I hope you get to do something that makes you happy today!
Keep on crafting,