Hello crafty friends!
Newton’s Nook has been a favorite company of mine for years now and I am super excited to get to play with one of their stamps! Company of Cats is such a cute and clever image and I had a blast coloring all the different kitties. This stamp set could not have come into my life at a more perfect time because just a few weeks ago my husband and I adopted a kitten. Ember weighed less than three pounds when we brought her home and she is growing like wild fire!
We are both just smitten with her! She is sweet and loves to be loved and it has been so much fun to watch her play and explore as she grows. Our dog on the other hand is a little afraid of her still and tries to pretend she doesn’t exist but as I said it’s only been a few weeks so hopefully they will become friends eventually. Now back to the card…
Here’s a quick run down of what I did while creating this card:
- I stamped the image using Lawn Fawn’s Jet Black ink since I knew I would be using my Copic Markers
- I actually ended up also using colored pencils to color some of the cats
- After coloring all the cats, their collars, and the little birdie at the top I went around all the cats with B000 to create a halo effect
- I got out a stitched rectangle die from MFT and cut the image out so it would be framed a little better and glued it down to a black piece of cardstock
- I didn’t want to detract from the kitties so I added a sentiment to the inside of the card only so the Company of Cats would get the majority of the attention. I embossed it with VersaMark ink pad and used white detail embossing powder on the sentiment stamp.
I had so much fun coloring this stamp and thinking of all the different cats out there in the world. I will admit though Ember is my favorite cat in the world but I am a little biased.
Thanks so much for stopping today and spending a little time with me. I hope you have an amazing day and take the chance to create something today!
Keep on Crafting!